Search the forum,

Discuss BPEC Unvented hot water systems questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi there
It's been ages since I've been here on the forum due to my plumbing 6129 technical certificate exams
Just wanna say I've got an invented hot water systems course coming up as this is not covered at level 2 and would like to know who's attended one find out more information on the course :charming:

Lots of stuff covering pipe sizing of drainage pipework, known as "D2" pipework.
You will learn about different types of layouts etc. Cover all the safety contorls appropriate with G3

To be fair its an open book course

Do the two/three hours of classwork, then sit an exam with the answers in a book in front of you

Get some questions wrong and they ask you to swot up on those points, then ask those few questions again which you will now answer correctly and bob's your uncle, you pass

A bit of a no brainer of you ask me, but its there for a purpose and a good purpose none the less

Russ

did mine on fri last, just another money making scam to make guys who want to do a decent job pay through the nose and the scallies just carry on as normal.

Got to re-do mine next year, then my ACS and appliances the year after that, and then after that it's oil.

It never ends. Job's for the boys' as my old man says.

did mine on fri last, just another money making scam to make guys who want to do a decent job pay through the nose and the scallies just carry on as normal.

renewed mine a few weeks ago - and totally agree with you

I've just finished the 6129 plumbing level 2 and doesn't cover the unvented hot water systems. Ths water regs were ok but the majority of new build have unvented direct and indirect the same as the gas as all this is covered at level 3 but because the 6129 has been discontinued it was too late to upgrade to the 6085 and meant paying for another prescription... Need to register with a plumbing company. Have also registered already with CIPHE. Ajust need lots of more practical.. All good

Heyeee... But how. Any years I've been on the forum and still not a pub member.. What goes on in there.. Do they get the rounds in and that mmm..

well I'll say the very best of luck Danny... Yeah ive spent loads myself

Well its good to be back after the long term of my studies and happy to have completed all successfully with no second time attempts
YYEEEHAAAA

Hi there
It's been ages since I've been here on the forum due to my plumbing 6129 technical certificate exams
Just wanna say I've got an invented hot water systems course coming up as this is not covered at level 2 and would like to know who's attended one find out more information on the course :charming:
Make sure you get the manual a couple of weeks before & work through it, reading & answering the self testing questions.
It may be that the exam is not that difficult but the subject matter is wide spread now & it is easy to make mistakes when installing, as around 75% of the ones I go out to will testify to.

It's like a lot of courses and the real world, they want to know that if you are not 100% sure on something you know where to look up the correct info.

Because as a proffessional I have no choice, but a day with a booklet and the same questions as last time doesnt improve my knowledge
I take it you did the re-assessment then for the second time ? Strange because Part G only changed in 2010 & the ticket lasts for five years so why were you doing it again ?

If you were not doing the re-assessment for the second time then you need to let the government know that they wasted a lot of time & money making all those changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about unvented systems! ??
The temperature and pressure relief valve should never operate.. Is this correct. As it implies that the water in the system is likely to be running at very dangerous thus the pressure.. The normal everyday relief is more likely to be of the expansion vessel's andand valves? The only problem. Or have I blown meself up already...
Because as a proffessional I have no choice, but a day with a booklet and the same questions as last time doesnt improve my knowledge

Dead easy this edit your post chris to remove the swearing take your beef with lame else where , carry on and ill move it up a notch from a infraction

I take it you did the re-assessment then for the second time ? Strange because Part G only changed in 2010 & the ticket lasts for five years so why were you doing it again ?

If you were not doing the re-assessment for the second time then you need to let the government know that they wasted a lot of time & money making all those changes

fraid the government wastes a lot of time and money most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BPEC Unvented hot water systems questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock