Search the forum,

Discuss bpec certs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
does anyone know how long it takes for bpec to register a cert for gas safe ? I had done another element couple weeks ago and its not up on the gsr website as yet nor have i had nothing through the post . considering they charge £55 for reg fee think its a bit pants to be honest.

I had to phone gassafe to tell them I had unvented as it wasn't picked up, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to notify them yourself when you receive the certificate.

My last BPEC cert took about 4 or 5 weeks to come through the door.

does anyone know how long it takes for bpec to register a cert for gas safe ? I had done another element couple weeks ago and its not up on the gsr website as yet nor have i had nothing through the post . considering they charge £55 for reg fee think its a bit pants to be honest.

the centre has 10 working days to process the paperwork, once received by bpec in Derby they have 20 working days to get the info uploaded to GSR and your cert posted to you, it never usually takes this long, phone derby office quote your NI number and where and when you sat the element and they will advise on the status, the cost of the admin is the cost, and you should have asked what the timelines were before you booked, just because you pay for something doesnt mean you are entitled to it the next day,

I had to phone gassafe to tell them I had unvented as it wasn't picked up, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to notify them yourself when you receive the certificate.

My last BPEC cert took about 4 or 5 weeks to come through the door.

why did you tell bpec that you had unvented?

I never said i was expecting it the next day but for £55 cert fee it would be good if they at least contacted gsr and to see that specific element on the website with a few working days . i have dealt with bpec before when i had done my combustion and found them quite unhelpfull to be honest.

I dont think GS has anything to do with unvented ! i understood they only took over the gas safety side ?

To register unvented installs through gas safe you need to send them a copy of your ticket. They also list your unvented qualification on the site along with the gas ones which brings in a bit more work. I've pickedup a load of work for one customer who found me via the gas safe website because I was listed as doing unvented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bpec certs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A LL cert costs around £50 in my area for 2 appliances. I find that I am really struggling to complete it in an hour to make it worthwhile for me. At the same time, I don't want to be cutting corners like those charging £30 and in and out in 15 min. I just did one recently that took me 2 hours...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be the problem and had a look at the flu which, it was evident, had been leaking water into the outer flu and back into the boiler. I chose the top rated...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
We have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 system boiler, about 11 years old. It has been serviced annually (most recently in Sept 2021) and we've had a couple of issues with odd noises in the past (once just after servicing), but these have been resolved by a heating engineer tweaking something or other -...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock