Search the forum,

Discuss BOXT Boilers and Boiler Installations - Are you a BOXT Installer? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
BOXT Boilers and Boiler Installations - Are you a BOXT Installer?

Seen an advert on TV for a BOXT Boiler. Black friday deal. Wondering if we have any BOXT installers on here and whether they're doing alright with them?

"Don't miss out on our amazing Black Friday deals. Save up to £150 off your new boiler. Next Day Installation. 17,000+ Happy Customers. No.1 on Trust pilot. Finance Options Available. No Salespeople. No1 on Trust pilot. Nest Learning Thermostat. 10 Year Guarantee. "

Become a BOXT Installer: Become a BOXT installer | BOXT - https://www.boxt.co.uk/become-a-boxt-installer

Why your business is better with BOXT
why-boxt-choose-when-and-where-b80d39e5a91edf72e2d734022200f25c.png

Choose when & where you want
Select the type of jobs you want to do, set your availability in the app, and we’ll allocate jobs to you for those dates. It’s as easy as that!
why-boxt-all-materials-5cacf86ed9c9f97defdfb88c7db2b983.png

All materials in the BOXT
Skip the queues at the merchants and get on with the job. All the materials you’ll need for the job will arrive at the customer’s home on day of installation.
why-boxt-less-paperwork-340fe29bc0e03d13f75b6ac7a126c546.png

Less paperwork
Our easy-to-use mobile app lets you fill in all the details for the job and get a signature from the customer. We’ll sort out the product and warranty registrations.
why-boxt-expert-support-d13aeb0b0adfbef57d89d3f6abf58907.png

Expert support on hand
Our team of experienced engineers and support staff are on hand to offer advice, order any extra materials and liaise with the customer if necessary.
why-boxt-automated-invoices-52690554ccb982cdaf4d1f71e857912e.png

Automated invoices
We’ve taken the hassle out of invoicing. Sign up to our automated invoicing service and we’ll generate invoices on your behalf in time for the weekly payment run.
why-boxt-get-paid-quickly-9ff989a396c3970652b5a43916a856dd.png

Get paid quickly
If the job is done to a high standard and the required forms on the app are filled in correctly, your job will approved within 24 hours and you’ll be paid weekly.

They're about to do electric vehicle charger points too, that'll be handy for ElectriciansForums.net.

What you'll need to get started
  • Your driving licence or passport
  • A Limited company (if you are a sole trader, check out this guide to becoming a limited company)
  • Liability insurance (min of £2 million)
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Basic DBS check
  • Qualifications for the types of jobs you want to work on
Need to be a limited company! - Can't do it as a sole trader. Wonder why that is.

Need to be a limited company! - Can't do it as a sole trader. Wonder why that is.
Probably to avoid claims that BOXT is the installers' employer, which is a legal problem Uber has got tied up in.

Anyone know how much of the pie is given to the installer after BOXT has had their bite?

Probably to avoid claims that BOXT is the installers' employer, which is a legal problem Uber has got tied up in.

Anyone know how much of the pie is given to the installer after BOXT has had their bite?

Don't know the exact figures but probably a few crumbs and lick the plate.

Sounds just perfect, especially the bit which states all materials will arrive at the customers home on the day of installation. Wonder what the day rate is.

Around the 400 mark Combi to Combi
£10 per trv to swap
£50 for vertical flue
£15 a meter for gas / pipework adjust eg move boiler

Nice specification, but it is always important to have a boiler cover if you buy a boiler. As black Friday is on its peak. 24/7 Home Rescue gives you an exclusive up to 50% off on its boiler cover. The actual price is £9.99 but black Friday is providing you this 24/7 Home Rescue offer in just £4.99. Avail it now. The Trustpilot rating is 4.7 and they are the 3rd largest boiler cover providers in the UK. Visit our website for more details.

Did you get permission to advertise?

We just lost a customer to BOXT due to the ridiculous price they give as fixed without seeing the job. I looked into it and from what I read Worcester have a 45% stake. If I sold the boiler at cost and worked wages only, I still couldn't beat their price.
It isn't long ago I heard rumors about boiler manufacturers looking at getting into the install side. This looks like a good attempt if the article I read was true.
It is unlikely that regular loyal customers will leave to go to the likes of BOXT but the next generation of clicky fingered, bent necked, phone faced individuals won't care! Watch out! It is your business that might suffer in the long run.
I hope this thread doesn't help spread the advert.

We just lost a customer to BOXT due to the ridiculous price they give as fixed without seeing the job. I looked into it and from what I read Worcester have a 45% stake. If I sold the boiler at cost and worked wages only, I still couldn't beat their price.
It isn't long ago I heard rumors about boiler manufacturers looking at getting into the install side. This looks like a good attempt if the article I read was true.
It is unlikely that regular loyal customers will leave to go to the likes of BOXT but the next generation of clicky fingered, bent necked, phone faced individuals won't care! Watch out! It is your business that might suffer in the long run.
I hope this thread doesn't help spread the advert.
This generation isn't much better. A lady I know, around 50, at a guess, has BG Homecare cover and then doesn't want to wait for BG to turn up when the system pressure drops and she has no heating. I went out the first time and topped up the pressure for free since she's only down the road. The second time she rang I said call BG out as it shouldn't keep dropping and we shouldn't keep topping it up as you'll be losing inhibitor and there is obviously a problem: you're paying for maintenance and BG needs to sort it. I don't think she got it that, in any case, she could have offered to pay.

In your case, BOXT is going to lose money on that job, so good luck to them,

Don't know the exact figures but probably a few crumbs and lick the plate.

Who's installing them? GS engineers. Maybe if we didn't accept to work for peanuts, we wouldn't end up getting offered crumbs. It's going to end up like LL certs, £30 a pop.

Who's installing them? GS engineers. Maybe if we didn't accept to work for peanuts, we wouldn't end up getting offered crumbs. It's going to end up like LL certs, £30 a pop.
I don't know who, from what I can tell they are mostly sub contractors but I could be wrong on that.

Most of our customers (thankfully) are loyal people who trust us and are more concerned with the quality and ongoing service we provide than a quick fix. I am hoping that the customer in question does get back in touch following a disastrous experience and we get to have the last laugh. This happens every now and then as most of you will know. Although I don't wish any harm to anyone, it sometimes helps those who stray from the path to get back on it and stay there.

Do you get your wai points if you work for boxt or do they keep them? As far as I’m aware they only really fit Worcester’s so that would boost the combi - combi to £425 😂

Do you get your wai points if you work for boxt or do they keep them? As far as I’m aware they only really fit Worcester’s so that would boost the combi - combi to £425 😂

No as it’s not fitted in your name it’s under boxts gas safe reg

yep worcester are useing their power to undercut everyone, recent report showed box loosing millions last year, unfair competion! if you dont like it write to Worcster and complain.

Reply to BOXT Boilers and Boiler Installations - Are you a BOXT Installer? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock