Search the forum,

Discuss Boulter camray 5 has oil leak, help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

That’s extremely unusual for the stem to leak, without being messed with.
The cover seal which you took off to clean the filter, on the other hand is prone to leak. Remedy is new O ring. I can’t tell anything from your photo.
If you’re sure it’s the solenoid stem. Isolate fuel remove coil then using a ring spanner remove stem and reseal.

Stems rarely leak unless fiddled with as mentioned above. It’s hard to tell from the picture though. Is this a Riello burner? Riello pumps are known to be hazardous and if it’s not the stem I would be suspicious of pump shaft seals as these are known to fail, which could take out bearings as well. As said above isolate fuel at tank and any inline isolation valves and call an engineer near you.

Stems rarely leak unless fiddled with as mentioned above. It’s hard to tell from the picture though. Is this a Riello burner? Riello pumps are known to be hazardous and if it’s not the stem I would be suspicious of pump shaft seals as these are known to fail, which could take out bearings as well. As said above isolate fuel at tank and any inline isolation valves and call an engineer near you.
Yes Riello.
If the fuel filter was very blocked, would that of made it leak? Definitely seems to be seeping from the top of the pump, flowing out underneath the solenoid.
Have contacted engineers Friday but all found, none have oil burner and unvented pressurised water tickets. Romsey Hampshire area

The circular filter within the oil pump is unlikely to cause a stem to leak, these pumps are designed to house pressure in excess of 10 bar (class D oil, not kerosene) so I hardly doubt that is the cause. Like I said stem leaks are rare but if you’re adamant that’s where it’s coming from it’s an easy fix which you could potentially do yourself. Like SimonG said, it is not law to be OFTEC to work on oil boilers, unlike gas safe and gas boilers. I’m not OFTEC, yet I like to think I’m pretty damn good without it, all it takes is a competent engineer with a good understanding of how these work.

The circular filter within the oil pump is unlikely to cause a stem to leak, these pumps are designed to house pressure in excess of 10 bar (class D oil, not kerosene) so I hardly doubt that is the cause. Like I said stem leaks are rare but if you’re adamant that’s where it’s coming from it’s an easy fix which you could potentially do yourself. Like SimonG said, it is not law to be OFTEC to work on oil boilers, unlike gas safe and gas boilers. I’m not OFTEC, yet I like to think I’m pretty damn good without it, all it takes is a competent engineer with a good understanding of how these work.
Found the issue. Perished O ring on the bottom of the fuel pump solenoid stem. All fix and working well. Will still get engineer out very soon.
Leaking fuel before fix:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/T8yiVbzu1jAWQFwi8

Reply to Boulter camray 5 has oil leak, help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock