Search the forum,

Discuss Bottled butane tightness test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gary

Hi guys

Hoping someone with LPG knowledge can help. I am a reg gas engineer on nat gas domestic, but have just moved in to a caravan while do a build project. I've connected a butane bottle to a oven/cooker, radiant fire and water heater. On doing a drop test found there to be a drop of 6mb. This is doing a drop test as you would for nat gas. I have searched high and low for a leak and can't find one. With all my stuff being in boxes I can't refer to my books, so was hoping someone on here could give me a heads up with what to look out for with possible caravan issues.
Cheers

Criteria are completely different for LPG but a 6mb drop is ID. Do you not know anyone locally with a caravan ticket that can help you out? Testing criteria for closed flue fires and ventilation requirements are completely different as well.

Have you tested to 28mb...stabilised for 5 min then tt for 2 mins? and how long are you gonna be in the caravan??? If planning on being there for a while you'd better off with propane. Also check the valve on the gas bottle...that could be leaking.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Think you should be on Propane and not Butane, burnes to hot, more for BBQ ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bottled butane tightness test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe (3 soldered joints only) running into house to the kitchen, to gas hob (with another isolator just prior to hob). System Failing tightness test...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get PV Solar Panels (~6kw) and a large battery storage array (2xTesla Powerwalls for ~27kwh storage and ~10kw output). I'm looking to replace my old...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time poster here and hoping for some help. I work on sites across the UK with different non-domestic gas setups, I never have to deal with anything upstream of our particular equipment so no meters etc. Tightness testing involves just the pipework on our equipment which in total is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock