• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Bottle trap waste connection tube minimum length? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Anyone know if there is a bottle trap connection tube minimum length?
(The pipe between the trap and the basin)
I would like mine as short as posible so the trap is less obvious.

Just wondered if I could cut it really short or does there have to be minimum drop distance before the trap for good drainage or something?

Cheers!

Anyone know if there is a bottle trap connection tube minimum length?
(The pipe between the trap and the basin)
I would like mine as short as posible so the trap is less obvious.

Just wondered if I could cut it really short or does there have to be minimum drop distance before the trap for good drainage or something?

Cheers!
16140109401473419986104082942798.jpg

Short as you like as you like !
If your feeling brave you even shorten the threaded waste.
Ah, great! Well the chrome looks nicer than the threaded waste, so if i can cut that down too i will... can I just wop it off with a hacksaw?
Wonder why the threaded wastes r so long...

Reply to Bottle trap waste connection tube minimum length? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net