Search the forum,

Discuss BossTherm BPS242RF Broken Thermostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my BossTherm BPS242RF has decided the ambient temperature is 36*C. We're in disagreement about this, as I'd rather like to have the heating on.
I've changed the batteries, I've re-set/re-tethered with the wall receiver, and have even put it in the fridge for a few minutes, to see if it remembers what cold "actually" is.

Is there an easy fix, or do I have a bigger problem?

Thanks

Have you tried leaving the batteries out for a night / a while and then reinstalling it ?

Sounds like the stats knackered, might be time for a new one. If you like these, and want an easy swap, go with a Siemens (I think they’re the same).

Sounds like the stats knackered, might be time for a new one. If you like these, and want an easy swap, go with a Siemens (I think they’re the same).
Thanks very much for the advice 👍. I've never been that fond of it tbh, feels a little restricted in terms of programming. Sorry, few more Q's:
(1) Can I buy any thermostat?
(2) Will I need to change the receiver on the wall according to which thermostat control I buy?
(3) Depending on (2), will I need a plumber in to fit it?

Thanks again 😊

Thanks very much for the advice 👍. I've never been that fond of it tbh, feels a little restricted in terms of programming. Sorry, few more Q's:
(1) Can I buy any thermostat?
(2) Will I need to change the receiver on the wall according to which thermostat control I buy?
(3) Depending on (2), will I need a plumber in to fit it?

Thanks again 😊

There is lots of thermostats on the market and most, if not all will only require the common and switch wires already going to the current receiver.
You will however have to replace the receiver if you replace the thermostat with another make/model.
Whereas the changeover is quite straightforward you might be best arranging a plumber to carry out the work for you.

There is lots of thermostats on the market and most, if not all will only require the common and switch wires already going to the current receiver.
You will however have to replace the receiver if you replace the thermostat with another make/model.
Whereas the changeover is quite straightforward you might be best arranging a plumber to carry out the work for you.
So, replace with another stat of same make and model, but any different make or model will need a new receiver? Makes sense, just checking 😎
Any thermostats worth getting (budget - to-middle) and any to avoid with someone else's barge pole?

is it just a room thermostat or a timer one ?

Then you need a programmable roomstat with receiver. I couldn't say which makes are best so hopefully Shaun can guide you

Combi boiler? if so look at either

combi pack 4

or

honeywell t3r

You can get away with not replacing the receiver, but I’ve done this a couple of times and had to go back, so I just replace the 2 now. Doesn’t have to be a plumber, can be an electrician if they’re not opening sealed appliance that forms part of the room seal, if its just the receiver then shouldn’t be a need to open boiler end up. Or if you’re confident enough and have some tools, you could do it yourself.

Reply to BossTherm BPS242RF Broken Thermostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock