Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch dishwasher: no water entering but can hear a quiet motor in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can’t find the model but this Bosch dishwasher is at least 10 maybe 15 years old. During the first wash for months yesterday it failed to finish, with a rather rough motor sound continuing until I eventually switched off power. It was clearly near the end, but it seemed that the final rinse had not been done. There was also some water remaining.

Today I followed instructions to access the motor ‘propellor’, which was free to spin and seemed to be unobstructed. On re-assembling and switching on there is no water entering, even several minutes later. But I can hear what sounds like a motor (the pump?) running, quietly this time.

Can one of the experts here advise the likely cause please? Is it something I can fix myself, or does it need a professional? If the latter, we live in East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK.

Terry

Oh dear - that doesn't sound too good. Any members on here have experience with this?

Obviously ensure hose & outlet clear, also machine internal flter+filter screen which can get pretty grotty, then throw say 2 or 3 litres of water into the washer, close door, start the machine on any programme, the pump should/might start two or three times for 10 secs or so until machine is empty, switch off after this, wait for timeout period, open door, see if water gone, if so then try a wash.

Reply to Bosch dishwasher: no water entering but can hear a quiet motor in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock