• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Bonding present and before and tees, but not within 600mm from meter. in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

GSR
Reaction score
As the title how would people report this on a Cp12? The bondings present, visible and before any tees. However its is not within 600mm of the meter. Thanks.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Supposed to leave a bonding notice informing responsible person. I would note it down in your notes section. Unsafe situations procedure mentions it as does TB102.

Are you not able to move it?

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Problem is sparkys regs is asoon as practical or 600mm as soon as it comes inside

It’s ncs at best so note down and move on

OP
M

Matt0029

GSR
Reaction score
Supposed to leave a bonding notice informing responsible person. I would note it down in your notes section. Unsafe situations procedure mentions it as does TB102.

Are you not able to move it?
Would need an electrian to join on to the clamp where it is presently and extend I would of thought. Not enough slack for me to move it. Its around 1.5 to 2 meters from the meter.

Murdoch

Reaction score
FWIW BS 7671 says within 600mm where practical. So if it’s before any tees then I would leave it well alone.

Tin hat on

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Would need an electrian to join on to the clamp where it is presently and extend I would of thought. Not enough slack for me to move it. Its around 1.5 to 2 meters from the meter.
Not sure it can be extended anymore, I’ve been told by our sparks it has to be a continuous loop. As it has been advised by others it appears to be ok as it’s before any branch :D

Murdoch

Reaction score
Not sure it can be extended anymore, I’ve been told by our sparks it has to be a continuous loop. As it has been advised by others it appears to be ok as it’s before any branch :D
Your sparks is misinformed.

Good practice says it should be continuous, but nothing in BS 7671 says it has to be continuous.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom