Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been to 2 jobs today where I need to upgrade the heating and hot water both have boilermates fitted with potterton suprima boilers in the kitchen because of pipework layout still a bit unsure which way to go any suggestions chaps . Cheers kop

IMG_20190611_104559.jpg

Boilermate is open vent 20 old the pipework runs are under chipboard flooring looking for a away of upgrading without ripping carpets and flooring up and causing to much disruption, a unvented pre plumbed cylinder and a heat only boiler is looking favourite ? In my view, cylinder is under the stairs in the lounge which backs on to the garage so I have a route for discharging temperature and pressure reliefs could possibly swap like for like but not a big fan of Gledhill. Kop

Been to 2 jobs today where I need to upgrade the heating and hot water both have boilermates fitted with potterton suprima boilers in the kitchen because of pipework layout still a bit unsure which way to go any suggestions chaps . Cheers kop

View attachment 39110
Not Top Up Mates hey ! I think all Gledhill products are as good as zero, designed & built badly in Blackpool..on a friday afternoon or on a monday morning .the main industry is the co horts of vans on the motorway servicing these way over rated products
my opinion Centralheatking

One of the simplest replacements in this scenario would be the gledhill torrent in my opinion.

Nowhere near as bad as the boilermates in my opinion but fairly straight forward to change to.

If it had been boilermate with integral f&e tank/had been installed with f&e tank sat on top then I would of said potentially an unvented cylinder utilising the (sometimes) copper pipe which was run for the f&e overflow as a pressure relief channel and just extending down to ground level as per G3 req's.

But doesn't looks to be the case in the photos.

Reply to Boilermate replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock