Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate 2000 No Hot Water / Past owner issue advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice if anyone has worked on a boilermate 2000

try to condense the story, Lived in our home 3 years with the system working fine, but 2 days ago hot water stopped. From research it now looks like the past owner already had a problem. They have changed the live feed for the hot water pump to the boiler pump live.

For as long as I remember the 2 led's for the pump for the boiler have always been on. - but the actual boiler doesn't burn that often. As a result of this the hot water pump runs all the time. I didn't realise but after looking into the setup found out that this isn't correct.

So 2 days ago the the Led's went out which then has caused the hot water pump to stop. - Which is correct. Why this has just started not sure but seems to be working as it should now and the fix if you want to call it that now fails.

After looking at the settings the first issue is that the hot water sensor is showing 85 degrees which is obviously wrong, suspect this is why someone bodged the live in the first place.

My plan is to change this sensor but wanted advice on this as it seems to be very hot at the minute around the heat exchanger and that sensor. If you run the hot tap then it cools with no pump running so my plan is the following
turn of system
run hot tap to cool pipe
turn of mains
replace sensor
Are the steps correct? will I lose a lot of water / expect to see a lot of water?

After this confirm if temp is now correct and if this then allows the the pump to start again. If not then replace the board if that has a further issue which they previous owner had? (Also put the live back in the correct location)

I know the pump is fine as if I turn the heating on once the store cools and then request heat from the boiler this then turns the hot water pump on and we have hot water again...

Any advice apricated on the sensor. but my plan will be new sensor - then replace board and hope one or both fix the issues.

Reply to Boilermate 2000 No Hot Water / Past owner issue advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock