Search the forum,

Discuss BoilerMate 2000 help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roblongshanks

Hi all long time reader first time poster, hope someone can help me with this question about the lovely boilermate 2000.

Does anyone who has experience with the boilermate 2000 know if the overheat stat on the boiler kicks in does that auto trigger the radiator pump to fire up in order to cool everything down?

Reason for the question is I came home last night to find all the radiators were lukewarm even tho nothing was calling for heat and the boiler had gone into F5 lock out (glow worm). I haven't managed to reset the overheat stat yet as sod's law I left all my tools on site.
I've not had much experience with thermal store systems so could do with a little help so I know what to expect when I get home. But that leads me to my next question of does anyone have an idea what might have caused the boiler to go into F5 lock out? PCB on the boilermate seems to be ok, HW pump is working fine, CH pump is constantly on unless I turn it to immersion HW (is this because of the overheat stat?) and obviously don't know about the boiler pump as haven't been able to reset the stat yet.

Hope you can make sense of this and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
glow worms are prone to overheat if they have no pump overrun

Pumps in the gledhill. What a heap o crap. Take it ur in a new build? Everything else working? Check the pumps all running. When all in demand. There is a schematic inside case . Possibly relay ? New main pcb £275 ish! Should be 240 at circ pump to boiler ?

sounds like boilermate pcb is up the spout

f5 is overheat lockout so could be that boilermate pcb isn't turning on the boiler pump when it's needed allowing boiler to overheat, and powering up htg pump when it shouldnt be

Thanks for all your help guys, yeah it is the PCB! Reset the overheat stat and boiler fired up for a few seconds then cut out like it would when it reaches temp. Checked the PCB in the boilermate and first thing I noticed was the LCD screen was blank (should always be on apparently). Was also saying power was being sent to the boiler pump but checked the pump with multimeter and it's not reviving anything so like you said it was telling the boiler to fire but wasn't running the pump to circulate. Typical it would be the most expensive part. Managed to find a replacement board for £240 with next day delivery :(

change it for a unvented cylinder or the thermal store without the electronics -the blue ones cant think of the name less to go wrong

Hi Chaps,

I'm in need of some advice if anyone has a minute or two.

A decorator drained down my boilermate 2000 to allow him to install a new radiator and now the boiler won't fire up.

The boilermate is showing 3 illuminated LEDs but nothing on the little LCD screen and it feels like only the pump on the right (out of the 3) is running.

Does anyone know how I can get the system back up again?

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BoilerMate 2000 help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if anyone has worked on a boilermate 2000 try to condense the story, Lived in our home 3 years with the system working fine, but 2 days ago hot water stopped. From research it now looks like the past owner already had a problem. They have changed the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037 which is now obsolete. It's a 2A 30mv 110 degree stat with a coil inserted into a pocket on the flow outlet. Will any other Ranco limit stat with similar...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a flat with a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 and a Glowworm Micron boiler. I have no idea how to use this properly/efficiently and I don't want to end up paying through the roof on gas! The manual is quite confusing but states that the boiler should be kept on max temp at all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock