Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler with no radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Is it ok, after draining the system and removing all but one radiator to turn on the combi boiler, in order to get hot water, until new radiators are installed?

I've left the pressure at 0 so haven't filled up the system and have put capnuts on each TRV side just in case. (Couldn't get capnuts to fit lock shield 15mm or 22mm) So I could pressurise if needed.

Thanks, Greg

No your boiler requires a min heat leak at a min you could link the flow and return pipe from the rad valves eg stick a pipe between the valves

Sorry, didn’t you said you say you were leaving one radiator on with water in?

Yes, but I should say there's actually two because I couldn't close the TRV on second so leaving it till new radiators come. I haven't filled the system so there's no water, fully drained.

So I did turn the boiler back on and hot water came out fine. I just wanted to check if this was going to damage the boiler in anyway.

Hi,

Is it ok, after draining the system and removing all but one radiator to turn on the combi boiler, in order to get hot water, until new radiators are installed?

I've left the pressure at 0 so haven't filled up the system and have put capnuts on each TRV side just in case. (Couldn't get capnuts to fit lock shield 15mm or 22mm) So I could pressurise if needed.

Thanks, Greg
carry on re pressurise to 1 bar bleed etc. switch it on open valves etc and give it a go. should be ok ...what sort of combi....lets us know how you get on, makevsure the rad is open and bled

Yes, but I should say there's actually two because I couldn't close the TRV on second so leaving it till new radiators come. I haven't filled the system so there's no water, fully drained.

So I did turn the boiler back on and hot water came out fine. I just wanted to check if this was going to damage the boiler in anyway.

It is a Sunday and I am hungover, but I assume there’s water in the boiler?

Thanks for all the info.

IMG_20190714_170420253.jpg

IMG_20190714_170548954.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Boiler with no radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, So we have a two year old boiler and have cleaned / flushed the system twice recently but not all radiators will heat at the same time. All radiators have the ability to heat when the others are isolated so not likely the TRV. have been attempting to balance but seems like maybe not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock