Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler with hot water cylinders, pump always running, boiler hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattlady

Hi, I moved into a new build house few months ago, there have was a problem of radiators going hot whenever hot water was heated up in hot water cylinders. After months of visits, this has been solved by installation of valves under floor which stopped the problem, it took about 10 visits because they did not know what to do. However since then, I have another problem. The control panel in the lounge stopped displaying Outside temperature but instead it permamently has a message Cylinders Charging. Boiler always running and hot (blue light on, green occasionally), it might have been pump.I started powering it off. This has been temporarily resolved by changing thermostat on hot water cylinders, but now the problem seems to be slowly returning, yesterday there was a message Cylinders Charging for 5 hours and boiler became hot. In addition, boiler pump runs permamently again. The builder and installation company deny there is a problem. What should I do? I think it is not normal for boiler pump to run non stop and boiler getting hot when water is not used, it was not like this before. Boiler is Greenstar i2i with outside temperature panel and hot water cylinders.

If they fixed the problem of your radiators getting hot when the HW cylinder was on by fitting non return valves under the floor, that is a bodge, even bigger bodge on a new installation.

Is there some sort of time and temperature control on the hot water tank, is it unvented cylinder?

Maybe some pics of installation

Hi
I think it is a Flowmax cylinder, cannot check the exact model because I am not home right now. It has a thermostat fitted on it which allows to adjust hot water temperature, it is on 65 degrees now. I will check when I come and add this info.

How do I make picture of the installation ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler with hot water cylinders, pump always running, boiler hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock