Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Wiring in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Afetrnoon,

I have had a new boiler fitted and the plumber didn't connect up the controller, the boiler only works by the on - off switch.

I an an electrician but don't normally deal with central heating and need some advice on how to connect up the controller.

The boiler only has a L and N to it and it fires up if it has 230V to it.

The system then has two pumps - one for the heating and one for the hot water they both has thermastats. You get hot water or heating if you connect power to either of these.

The controller is a LP522 and the documentation shows pin 1 - 6.

I have connected 1 to N, 2 to L, 4 to Hot Water, 5 to CH. Is that correct? and where does the boiler connect to? Does it turn off if the hot water or CH pumps are both off? I would have expected a switched live to go to the boilere but thier doesn't seem to be any option for that. Does it connect to one of the CH or HW feeds?

Thanks

Fred

The plumber should have wired it up or arranged as it’s building regs and part of the install

The plumber should have wired it up or arranged as it’s building regs and part of the install

Very true mate. However, perhaps he or she didn't know how to. You know as well as I do when two or more pumps are installed in a system the wiring needs a bit more thought.

Very true mate. However, perhaps he or she didn't know how to. You know as well as I do when two or more pumps are installed in a system the wiring needs a bit more thought.

which means it doesn’t comply as it’s an old twin pump system

I didn't know that twin pump systems were against regulations? But what about systems with separation? What about multiple pumps then?

you would need nrv in else it could heat via gravity also you can’t get spares for them anymore eg pump heads if it’s what I’m thinking eg grundfos pump plan

I just didn't realise they were not compliant to current regulations. We only had one customer with this arrangement but old man kept it going fir a long time.

Reply to Boiler Wiring in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock