Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler vibrating since pressurising system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay100

Hi All

Was hoping someone may be able to help. Moved into a new house which already had a megaflo fitted. All was working well with the WB 30 boiler . Then decided to pressurise they system and add a new radiator. Engineer came and did all the work but ever since system was pressurised the boiler every now and then vibrates violently and only stops when I turn the heating and hot water off from timer. I switch it all back on straight after and all is good but then itll happen again a few hours later or the next day. I have recorded the vibrating sound incase that gives any clues.

Appreciate any help/info

cheers

jay

Hello Jay
I would get the engineer who did the work back to have a look. Without further information it is hard to say for sure but it could be air trapped in the boiler/system. Its hard to know for sure without being there.

Thanks John. He has been out and opened the by pass valve a littlr more...was ok for a week and them started doing it again. It only started happening once system was pressurised and new radiator added...really odd. Ive recorded it so if theres a way I can send you the recording let me know...may give some further clues?

Thanks again pal
Jay

He has fitted a red expansion vessel ??

It was an open vent system before?
Tanks in the loft?

Is the filling loop passing ? Is there water discharging outside when the thing vibrates?

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by passing but I can top the pressure up via the filling loop and I checked for water discharging outside...nothing.

What does the gauge on the bottom of the red heating vessel show when the heating is on, and what does it start off on when it is cold .

When heating and hot water cycle is on it reads just under 3bar & last time I checked it was around 1.5bar when cold.

If it's just under 3 bar the chances are your Pressure relief has opened. Quite often they chatter and bang as they are spring loaded.

You need and Engineer, Gas safe registered and G3 too !

Would that cause a vibration/droning sound from the boiler?

I am having second thoughts now tbh.

When you say you've changed a rad, is the TRV on the right way ? I know they are bi directional but on occasion they will make a vibrating noise depending on system pressure ( flow) and that would ( or could ) stop if you turned the heating off. I don't know if anyone else agrees with this but we shall see in due course i am sure !

Yep trv def on the right way. Before boiler started making this vibrating/droning sound I remember now the bathroom towel radiator rattling once quite loudly and then hallway radiator (closest to boiler) rattling and then nothing for a while. Then after all this boiler now vibrates only. Also just checked there are 2 expansion vessels. One is white which was the original one there with megaflo and the new one installed is a silver one. Attached a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 39
thats an easy fix but requires the services of a gas safe engy

Cheers for reply but any idea what the fix needed is and what kinda price im looking? Do you think faulty fan?

Cheers for reply but any idea what the fix needed is and what kinda price im looking? Do you think faulty fan?

as i hope you will understand we cant give out whats wrong with a gas appliance as its an open forum and we dont know who will see this thread later on and might try and fix it them selves

same with prices, ask a few local recommanded gas safe engys if you dont know any your more than welcome to post the job up on the forum

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Hi All

Dont know if this is connected but the cylinder thermostat which is a esi electronic dual thermostat continously has the red led light on which says it is calling for boiler to heat the water and this is even when both CH and HW is switched off from timer?

Any ideas....

As said before get a gas Safe engineer who is also G3 qualified, to diy either appliance is illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler vibrating since pressurising system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock