Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler turning cold in middle of use in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a valiant boiler ecotec 824 that was service about 4 months ago but has suddenly had a problem where the hot water for either the shower or the taps will run hot but flick between being luke warm and hot.

The pressure is ok at 1.6bar. The temperature on the rads is low but water for taps is set to mid way up.

I have no error codes, either when not in use or during operation when it gets cold.

Any insight into what I can do to help diagnose it, or potentially improve it?

Thanks,

James

When using hot water fell the flow pipe under the boiler (left hand one as you’re looking at it), if it’s hot, that could be your problem. If it’s is you will need to engage in a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe in the uk) to repair it.

When using hot water fell the flow pipe under the boiler (left hand one as you’re looking at it), if it’s hot, that could be your problem. If it’s is you will need to engage in a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe in the uk) to repair it.
Hi. If are talking the large diameter pipe that goes under the boiler on the left as you look at it, it gets warm in operation, not hot but warm.
Is that an indication of a problem?

This could be a number of things. It could be unrelated to the boiler. Turn the cold supply to the boiler off (beneath the boiler) and see if the water stop flowing at the hot taps. It will possibly run for a minute or so to drain the pipe work but the flow should eventually cease.

Reply to Boiler turning cold in middle of use in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock