Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler thermostat advice needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am looking after a very old house, which has a Viessmann gas-powered boiler and thermostat, controlling the supply of water to the radiators.

Most people generally suggest setting a thermostat to coincide with when they get up, go out, go to bed, etc. But my times are very irregular and because I am taking care of the house, I would rather do what is best for the house. It is not very well insulated, I should add.

I am trying to get my head around which of the thermostat options I should choose? It is the same as is shown on the below video:

Based on people’s experience and what I have described, can anyone recommend what is the best way to keep a good temperature in the house to ensure no damp or cold through the winter? Actually setting day-night on/off system or putting it on one of the “minimum temperature” settings (and, if so, which one)?

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Reply to Boiler thermostat advice needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock