Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Switching off Heatline compact s24 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Well i think this is my first thread ,and you've guessed i have a problem so ill get straight into it.
Decided to install some Fernox F3 into my system as i have been cold spots on some radiators,ive used this before and its always done the trick.
Anyway i dropped all the water in the system from a downstairs drain off,but when it came to refilling the pressure gauge decided it wasn't going to play ball it was stuck on 2 bar.So right decided to remove the gauge to see if there was any crud blocking it up,anyway gave it a clean with a needle and refitted it,and that is all i have done.
The problem now is after i cleaned the gauge it's still not working correctly,so decided to refill anyway,but what i'm getting is the Boiler keeps cutting out after maybe two two or three minutes after the burners light.
???Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this,its bloody freezing in my house at the moment.

If you have a external filling PRV like the one shown, ensure any isol valves on either side open (+ flexible hose connected up) open the black knob anticlockwise, if pressure still too low (assuming gauge now reading correctly) slowly turn the adjusting screw on top clockwise until you get 1.3/1.5 bar pressure, vent any air while maintaining this pressure, shut black knob when finished.

Attachments

• Filling PRV.jpg
    Filling PRV.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 2

Reply to Boiler Switching off Heatline compact s24 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a heatline vizo 24 combi boiler that starts up for a few seconds and then shuts off. This happens with both hot water and heating. If left all overnight or all day it will work first time and stay on. If tried again soon after the problem comes back.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just had a "Main Eco Compact" combi boiler installed as the Biasi one failed. It seems to work fine, gives a hot bath, i dont ever use the radiators or kitchen hot tap. (no point in upping the landlords gas bill for no reason) On day 4, the pressure is below 1. I filled it back up to >1, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock