Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler stays in 'C' status even when it should be off - icos he18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IDEAL icos he28 boiler and even when the programme is off, the status it always 'C'. When it's off the LED flashes and then when it fires up the LED stays on. I know from the manual that when the LED is on the boiler is working and when it's flashing the required temp has been achieved so it turns off.
My 1st question: How do I get it to reset the status to 'O' when the programme is off? (I tried the reset button, but no joy)
My 2nd question: Is this a boiler issue, a programmer issue or possibly a problem with a faulty valve?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the responses, sorry i only saw the other thread for Cos HE24 after I'd already posted. I was able to figure out a solution to my problem from that post.

Hi

I had a chap out on Saturday to fix an L2 error on my boiler. Now the C status will not go off and is constantly running - not constantly heating, just whirring away. I've turned off and on, reset the control panel, and topped up the pressure to 1.5 bar. It still stays on. On resetting the panel it doesn't come on immediately, but once triggered won't go off. Please help!?

Last edited:
It might take 15-20 mins for it to go off on heating (pump overrun) but shouldn't be more than half an hour

All the time eg an hour plus

Yes, until I turn the dial on the boiler to off, then after a few mins it stops. Otherwise it stays at C even though the thermostat and control panel aren't calling for heat. The blue flame light doesn't stay on just the C and the sound of what I guess it's the pump.

Have you turned you timer to off and your thermostat down to see if it goes away?

15124017626352112710911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler stays in 'C' status even when it should be off - icos he18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'd appreciate advice on what the potential issue could be with this boiler. Its a heat only Ideal Icos 18 fitted to an open vent system It had been switched off during the summer and had occassionally been used to heat water. Turned it one a few days ago and I could smell some...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation! ) 2 weeks ago HW went lukewarm. When HW was called, the rads came on. The cylinder motorised valve has been replaced today, but it's not fixed the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock