Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler sizing question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The bigger the output of boiler

Does say an 25 kw boiler have a bigger heat exchanger or more surface area in combustion chamber than say an 18??
What exactly makes a boiler haveva higher output??

For most manufacturers there won't be any physical differences between a 18 and 25kw boiler and the hex size will be the same. That only starts changing once you start reaching the much higher outputs as a boiler can modulate so can already operate well below and in between any stated maximum.

Just as a car engine of the same capacity can be tuned or set up to produce different power outputs so can a gas boiler, it's fuelling or the gas rate at which it burns that is the main determinate.

Reply to Boiler sizing question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock