Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler runs ok when cold and lasts about 30 minutes in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tom Gorrian

I have a 10 year old oil boiler has run well and gets serviced every year all tests are spot on, last week started locking out, would reset and run for short time, engineer fitted new control box and said thats it he was only away 10 minutes and it locked out, now waiting on new photocel, boiler will run and start correctly but when warm after 30 minutes will go to lock out, starts again after 10 minutes then may run for 15 minutes and lock out. any clues

Yes, your engineers a muppet. Issue needs fault finding and not chuck parts at it.

Let's have a few more details. Boiler make, burner make, what were the flue gas details like I.e. co co2 excess air etc.

Tom, did you get to the bottom of your issue and what was it? I have exactly the same thing going on with my Firebird C26 external combi and a new photocell plus various other parts (have had 2 new control boxes in 5 years and boiler only 7 years old!) have still not fixed the locking out problem… exactly as you have described!

Reply to Boiler runs ok when cold and lasts about 30 minutes in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock