Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler running constantly in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m hoping someone can advise who would be best to fix the issue we are having.

We have multizone central heating, with a separate hot water tank. Recently had hive installed but this issue has happened once before we had the install. The electrician who did the install has already had to come back once as did something wrong as when we put the hot water on, the radiators came on (he admitted he’d not done a hive multizone before) so not sure if it’s the hive causing the issue or something else.

Boiler won’t stop running. Even when, according to hive, everything is off, it just keeps running.

I’ve checked the valves and they are all switched to auto. The radiators are not hot when it’s doing this, so I know the valves are closing (although not sure how to check if the hot water is heating or not).

Radiators will heat up at the scheduled time, so no problems there. It’s just the boiler not switching off when it’s being required to heat anything.

We really struggled to find someone to do the hive install in the first place so just want to make sure we are getting the right person out this time who can fix the problem.

We are in wakefield, w.Yorkshire if anyone can help!!

Perhaps it’s the hot water calling for heat constantly, via a valve, If rads are not heating up. What boiler is it? With Regards who to get in, get the electrician back if it’s only happened since the install, if he doesn’t know or isn’t willing, then perhaps dispute the invoice until the fault is rectified. If it’s electrician’s work, then they should foot the bill of someone else. If it’s not the electrician’s fault then obviously you’d have to foot the bill.

Coul there be a frost thermostat that hasn't been wired in properly? The loft or whatever is getting cold and the boiler runs constantly?

From your other post, it’s a new boiler right? The pcb link has likely been left in.

Ask both the gas engineer and electrician if either of them removed it.

The electrician may not know about it and isn’t allow to open the case to remove it as he’s not gas safe.

Sorry not checked back in a while, but I managed to fix it.
It was only happening since the install so was definitely something the electrician did.
I sat down and mapped out all the wires and figured out that he'd put a live wire into position 1 which on the dual channel receiver is hot water off (NC).
I guess he thought this was the same as common on the single channel receiver.
Anyway, disconnecting that wire has done the trick!

Sorry not checked back in a while, but I managed to fix it.
It was only happening since the install so was definitely something the electrician did.
I sat down and mapped out all the wires and figured out that he'd put a live wire into position 1 which on the dual channel receiver is hot water off (NC).
I guess he thought this was the same as common on the single channel receiver.
Anyway, disconnecting that wire has done the trick!

Not come across that before. Good job finding it and thanks for the update.

Reply to Boiler running constantly in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of about 55 degrees C, I’m seeing the LCD screen saying the efficiency level is only 25-28%. Has anyone else seen such a low percentage? I know for a fact...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock