Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler repeatedly switching off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am stuck at home and my boiler is playing up. I wondered if anyone could offer some (non-gas related) advice?

Its a Potterton Gold FSB 30 HE.

It will seem to be running fine, modulated down to a whisper, then will suddenly ramp up to what I presume is full power and will then switch itself off almost immediately. The radiators at this stage are just warm. Then after a few minutes it will start again and be ok for maybe 5 minutes, then it will happen again. The boiler doesn't display a fault, no reset is needed, but operating like this it takes ages for the radiators to heat up fully.

The pump seems to be running ok at all times. The radiators do heat up eventually, all of them, and there is no air to bleed.

I wondered whether it could be the thermistor, but the pattern of behaviour is hard to reconcile.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

Many thanks

Difficult to diagnose without being stood in front of it, but sounds like it’s overheating maybe a pump problem but in any case you’ll need to get a gsr to take a look at it.

Do upstairs radiators get hotter than downstairs ones ?

Reply to Boiler repeatedly switching off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock