Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to check if my pump is still working, it's a myson pump with a hexagonal screw in the centre, do I take the whole screw out as shown in most videos & is there a smaller screw behind it? I've bled the water that was in there but only one radiator is getting luke warm and that's the closest to the system. Any advice appreciated

20181214_130103.jpg

That screw just loosens anti clockwise and will not come out.
You just fully loosen it and pull it out and then it locks internally into the pump spindle and you can turn it to see if pump isn’t seized.
There will be some water as it is also a bleeding point.
(Other brands and types of pumps are different and the screw in them is only a cover for to vent or remove to see spindle)

Often the impeller can become detached and the pump might appear to be working but in fact there will be no flow. To check switch all Controls to call for heat, boiler should fire, see if flow to pump, usually the return gets hot. If not pump is u/s. Wait till Monday to get one as the sheds charge the earth .
It’s n easy swap....report back
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock