Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Programmer fitting advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Looking for help. My sisters boiler programmer is faulty, so I've bought a like for like programmer (Worcester Bosch DT20RF), think her boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i/28i Junior.

Seen a video online that showed a few seconds of installation, I.e. taking old programmer out. Looked simple, to connect, one multi pin ribbon connection, so wondered if I could tackle this myself.

So my question is, is it as simple as it looks (take boiler cover off, disconnect old programmer, connect new one, boiler cover back on). Or is their something else I'm missing, don't know about or haven't considered? Does gas need to be off when programmer not connected, does pilot light go out, does electrical supply need to be cut off, etc?

Any help appreciated đź‘Ť

This is not something that you can tackle yourself. You should not be removing any boiler covers unless gas safe registered. Time to get a professional in

You need a GSRI to replace it sorry thats the rule , can you ensure the boiler will operate correctly once the programmer has been swapped? , even removing the casing is contravening the Gas safe regulations . Kop

Reply to Boiler Programmer fitting advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock