Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pressure normal or not in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.
I have recently installed a new gloworm energy 35 kwh combi boiler. The heating and hot water is functioning fine. In the first 4-5 days , the pressure was dropping from 1 bar to 0.5 bar requiring me to top up the pressure. Its now been over a week and Ive noticed the pressure drop is less. It may drop from 1 bar to 0.9 bar in 2-3 days.

Is this normal? I contacted the vaillant helpline who told me top up of pressure should only be required 2 times a year.

Is this normal or abnormal?

Thanks

If the pre charge pressure is also 1.0 bar or more then the filling pressure of 1 bar will result in a relatively big pressure drop with virtually no water loss. Would suggest increasing the filling pressure to 1.3 bar with a cold system and monitor it (cold) for the next few days or so,
[automerge]1601290046[/automerge]
I think that the pre charge pressure for your boiler is 0.75 bar and if it has been checked before installation then you are losing ~ 0.5 litres each time the pressure falls from 1.0 bar to 0.9 bar so if this continues you definitely have a leak somewhere, also when system heats up just ensure that the pressure isn't > 2.5/2.8 bar.

Last edited:
Check for obvious leaks (exposed pipework/magnetic filter/rad valves). Monitor it for a little while longer. Could just be air coming out of the system through the boiler air vent.

Reply to Boiler pressure normal or not in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock