Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pressure issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello people

Need help git issues with my vailiant ectoec

Was having plastering done removed some radiators this is when the problem started .

The boiler pressure kept dropping and when heating was on pressure would go to high . Had the expansion vessel re-pressuried and pr valve changed . Radiators have been put back on

I am still noticing the pressure the still dropping but lot slower . For example it was 1.6 yesterday this morning gone down to 1.0
any ideas what could be causing this

That's a decent amount of water being lost. Try and dry the pressure relief pipe outside as best you can and then monitor it to ensure its not that.

The other obvious checks are visual leaks where stuff has been touched, maybe the drain off. Maybe when they were taking rads off they've loosened a pipe under a floor so check ceilings for damp spots.

The other check is to ensure you're not checking the pressure difference between hot and cold, ensure you only check it when cold

That's a decent amount of water being lost. Try and dry the pressure relief pipe outside as best you can and then monitor it to ensure its not that.

The other obvious checks are visual leaks where stuff has been touched, maybe the drain off. Maybe when they were taking rads off they've loosened a pipe under a floor so check ceilings for damp spots.

The other check is to ensure you're not checking the pressure difference between hot and cold, ensure you only check it when cold
No damp spots on the celling. I have put a bag around the pipe outside which will be obvious if it leaks water . Other than that one radiator was taken off downstairs unless there is a leak there . Be a nightmare go find I just had flooring laid

Turn boiler off and leave off overnight for this test.

Top pressure up to 1.5 bar cold. Close flow and return valves under boiler. Check pressure in the morning. Is pressure still 1.5?
If yes, no leak boiler side.
Open boiler flow and return valves. Does pressure now drop? If yes, leak is heating side.
Then go looking.

No. It is possible the pressure relief is the cause which only leaks when hot as your expansion vessel may not be set right so just because the pressure doesn't change overnight doesn't mean the boiler is ok. It may possibly be a good test though to see if the pressure drops after you open the valves back up to see if the pipework is leaking. Don't forget to turn your boiler off at the switch if the valves are shut not just off the on programmer to save killing your pump if it decides it wants to come on for what ever reason

Check the pressure when cold then check it a day later when cold again and see if you have a drop. Check the pressure relief outside to make sure that's not dripping. Then check as much of the heating system visually throughout the house

Reply to Boiler pressure issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock