Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Pressure and Leak in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Forumite
193 POSTS
Sixth Anniversary
100 Posts
Name Dropper

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could please offer some advice. I have a small leak in the boiler and the pressure is low not going above at best 0.5, this is despite having a boiler check days earlier. The hot water and heating is still working. I was just wondering if you anyone knew what's causing it and if it needs a plumber or if it is an easy DIYfix? Please see Image below (leaking valve above cup in picture)

Attachments

• IMG-20200618-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200618-WA0001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20200618-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200618-WA0000.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 19
Hi Danny,

It looks like a combi boiler (Worcester at that), so therefore you’d be better with a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe registered in the uk) because it requires removing the front cover,which many form part of the room seal. Removing such covers requires, specific safety checks afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Common issue right hand side on the Worcester

What is the common issue?

They leak 😄. Usually from vibrations caused by sudden closing of taps over the years. You can appreciate we can’t tell you what is leaking, leaving it open for diy enthusiasts and non qualified people to tinker with a gas appliance.

They leak 😄. Usually from vibrations caused by sudden closing of taps over the years. You can appreciate we can’t tell you what is leaking, leaving it open for diy enthusiasts and non qualified people to tinker with a gas appliance.

Fair enough. I wouldn't want to tamper with it unless it was a very simple turn of the nut or something like that. I assume by your answer it must be a bit more complicated.

You need to remove the cover so gas engineer required and two parts replaced

Reply to Boiler Pressure and Leak in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock