Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pilot light won't stay lit after meter change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We just had our meters changed from prepayment to smart meters. The boiler was lit after with no leaks, but has subsequently gone out and won't stay lit anymore.
There is still a good gas supply to the cooker so I don't think it's a supply issue.

Any ideas???

You might have a go at the outfit that changed your meter, I am not sure about the remit here but surely after a changeover they ought to check your appliances are safe and functional as they are carrying out 'work' to a gas system ..others might know more
centralheatking

Reply to Boiler pilot light won't stay lit after meter change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I have a old glowworn hideaway boiler which has been working perfectly until a few days ago, had a engineer come out and change the thermocouple and it now ignites and stays lit.. that is until the central heating is turned on, stays on for around 10 mins and then completely cuts off. Reset...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light won't stay on. The boiler has been worked on by a Gas Engineer, but he is stumped and telling me I need a new boiler. I can not afford a new boiler...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, Have had a fault on our Ideal Icos HE15 boiler for a couple of weeks, keeps failing to light and shows LF (or FL) error. Boiler engineer came out today and checked boiler, no issues found. Then checked the gas supply, it seems when boiler demand came on the pressure at the meter dropped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock