Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler nozzle sizing in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Probably been asked before but cannot see where. Inside my boiler there is written nozzle 1.25 x60 W. In an envelope attached to boiler is a new nozzle marked 1.25 x 60 S are they compatible? Boiler is an old Boulter Camray.

The first number is capacity (tho this will alter depending on pump pressure) the second number is spray angle the letter refers to spray pattern W is what you would probably expect on your boiler as no doubt it has a riello burner?
If your going to play with different nozzles you need pressure gauge and commission analysis equipment to make sensible adjustments.

The first number is capacity (tho this will alter depending on pump pressure) the second number is spray angle the letter refers to spray pattern W is what you would probably expect on your boiler as no doubt it has a riello burner?
If your going to play with different nozzles you need pressure gauge and commission analysis equipment to make sensible adjustments.
Yes is a Riello boiler. Will tell my man which nozzle to bring when he pops round later this week.
Thanks

If I remember right, the W is a delavan nozzle and the S a danfoss. Different manufacturers use different codes for the same thing.

Her is coming over tomorrow so will get it clarified.
All taken a bit of a nose dive as poor soul broke his leg day before due. Any excuse not to turn up. So being curious I took out the old nozzle and is a Danfoss F7N this is marked 1.00 60 ES and 3kg/hr. Now doing a bit of conversion work I find that 1 US gallon in weight equals a smidge over 3kg. Now I think yes the 1.00 then equates to 3kg/h. Confused now as to why label in boiler and new nozzle states 1.25 which obviously means 1.25 x 3 = 3.75kg/h. Is this any big deal? Tried ringing my guy but his phone has been off for days.

You can’t change nozzles or anything combustion wise without the knowledge and equipment to set it up.

Different nozzle sizes, pump pressures and air settings are required to get the required output.

You can’t just change something without cocking up combustion. Even like for like nozzle changes typically require adjustments.

You need to find an oil guy.

You can’t change nozzles or anything combustion wise without the knowledge and equipment to set it up.

Different nozzle sizes, pump pressures and air settings are required to get the required output.

You can’t just change something without cocking up combustion. Even like for like nozzle changes typically require adjustments.

You need to find an oil guy.
I have one but like I say is somewhat indisposed. Will be weeks to get another.

Reply to Boiler nozzle sizing in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock