Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler not getting up to temperature (or is it) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We have an old Ideal Elan 2 RS 50 boiler and without doubt it's be rock solid. Yes we will be replacing it in the new year, but for now it'll do. However, it does not run as hot as it use to (or so I think). Please find attached a graph of it's performance today. It is set to "High". So to confirm, is this typical or should the boiler be running hotter and is the going on and of also typical. Information on this would be very helpful.

Kind regards
Matt

Attachments

• BoilerTempsToday.png
    BoilerTempsToday.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 23
1. It will shut off when the demand for heat is satisfied. I.e. when the heating is up to the temperature set by the room thermostat and / or the hot water reaches the temperature set on the cylinder thermostat. This may mean the water never reaches the maximum temperature set for the boiler itself.
2. I'm pretty sure your boiler is not of the modulating type. So it turns on, runs until the heating demand is satisfied, turns of. Rinse and repeat. More modern boilers adjust their outputs to match the demand rather than following this on-off cycle.

One would think that a non modulating boiler will or should always reach its boiler set point and then cycle on/off until the room stat or cylinder stat is satisfied, my oil fired boiler will run continuously for ~ 30 minutes in the mornings until it heats up the system contents and then cycle on/off, 65C/75C, until the room & cylinder stats are satisfied.

If your boiler temperature is set to maximum, the boiler is not operating properly - but you knew that. If you get it serviced and explain the problem, it is probably a straightforward fix.

Has the boiler temperature potentiometer bern adjusted over the time you recorded the trace? If not, can you explain the spike?

Reply to Boiler not getting up to temperature (or is it) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock