Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler needs to be re-pressurised in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

Our Main combi boiler is flashing a blue light with the error code of 118. I know that the boiler needs to be re-pressurised but I’m unsure which taps to use. I would like to attach an image but I can’t see a button for it.

If anyone could help me I’d really appreciate it, thanks.

Edit: here’s an image, it’s allowing me to post one now.
2AAA6A74-348C-4931-86B1-CE2F7B6882B9.jpeg

There should be a link right hand on the front of two valves they should be both blue open one then open the second slowly until you hear water watch the gauge 1-1.2 bar shut both blue valves

There should be a link right hand on the front of two valves they should be both blue open one then open the second slowly until you hear water watch the gauge 1-1.2 bar shut both blue valves
Thanks for the fast reply. I’ve never done this so I’m just wanting to double check.

Can I open either of the blue valves first and then open the second one to add the water pressure?

I have attached an image in the original post also.

Yes open the left one first then slowly (which is already open the left one) open the right one till you hear water entrering then watch the pressure guage on the front of the boiler just above 1 turn them both to how the picture is now eg off the left should be up and down for off

Turn the right one as you look at it slowly counter

So fully open the left one counter clockwise and then, open the right one slowly counter clockwise until the pressure goes to just above 1 and then close both again.

The left one is already open eg inline with the pipe the right one is closed and yes slowly open the right one

Yes best to close it

Reply to Boiler needs to be re-pressurised in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock