Search the forum,

Discuss boiler makes a loud click and turns off fix needed in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I currently have a Maxi SOLO 2 RS boiler fitted in the house, last year the 3 way valve upstairs next to hot water green electric tank was changed.
after changing the 3 way valve the boiler behaved in the same way. ( will make a clicking noise and would shut off with the pilot also going off.
the guy who installed it went upstairs in the loft and did something and it worked fine since then.

up in the loft there is an over head tank with cold water coming in it, next to it is a small black tank just next to it.
no I don't have my boiler working, can some one tell me what I have to do in the loft with 2 black tanks to fix the problem
thanks

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 5
Make sure there’s water in the smaller of the two cisterns (tanks as you’re calling them). Aside from that, need more information, does the boiler go to lockout at all, eg do you have gone reset it?

The boiler started to work this morning, but when I thumped hard in the bottom cover the pilot light went off.

Now when I try to turn the pilot on by pressing the orange button it lights up but as soon as I let go the big orange button the pilot goes off.
the pilot is giving a good flame to energize the T/C and they are in close proximity as looking from the small window. I assume the pilot injector is clean.
Might the thumping have damaged the T/C or the alignment? Or some debris might have fallen in the valve.

Shall I keep the big orange button pressed for longer? how much time 2-3 min or longer.

Is it time to change the T/C
thanks

To relight the pilot, it should be in the user manual, or often on the boiler itself, usually up to 20 seconds on pressing the button in.

yes it says around 20 sec, I press it for that long and as soon as I let go the big orange button the pilot light goes out.

There is no clicking sound now from the boiler as mentioned in the first post. I didn’t wanted to creat a new post so addded to the existing post.

The boiler was on the whole night, when in the morning I thumped hard 2-3 times to fit the bottom cover, as I was thumping the pilot went off. Now after few attempt it turns in but as soon as I release the orange button it turns off.

Reply to boiler makes a loud click and turns off fix needed in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock