Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Mag Commercial Filter Pics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vern

OK so some of you guys asked me what they look like, so here are 2 rubbish pics......

Saves piping 2 x28mm magnacleans together as some have done, 22mm copper elbow placed for size perspective, this badboys going in a church before a plate heat exchanger to protect it, i will post some pics when its in, as job is next month..... 11/2" BSP F mega magnet, stainless steel and gauze in the botton for non mag debris, factor in cost of 2 isolation valves too as it comes bare :p drain port which you can screw a DOC in if you wish at the bottom
BoilerMag XL1.jpgBoilerMagXL2.jpg

OK so some of you guys asked me what they look like, so here are 2 rubbish pics......

Saves piping 2 x28mm magnacleans together as some have done, 22mm copper elbow placed for size perspective, this badboys going in a church before a plate heat exchanger to protect it, i will post some pics when its in, as job is next month..... 11/2" BSP F mega magnet, stainless steel and gauze in the botton for non mag debris, factor in cost of 2 isolation valves too as it comes bare :p drain port which you can screw a DOC in if you wish at the bottom
View attachment 13674View attachment 13675

Thats a big boy filter for a 12 Ri !!

How much are they ??

Did you do the church job Vern ? I'm thinking of one of these for a similar job & wondered how you set the plate up. Heating o/v primary sealed etc ? I'm going to see how clean I can get the o/v pipework with the powerflush first before deciding.

VICTAULIC?? That looks so pony :(

All I can see in that pic' is "this plant room was installed by amateurs"

due to the time constraints the owner of the commercial garden centre placed on us for heating downtime, we didnt have time to do the pipework in welded steel and quite frankly the prices we had from welders were ridiculous. Victaulic was the quickest and easiest solution to our timescale and we didnt have a single leak from a fitting. What would you have used??

Fire suppression systems yes.... I'm guessing that heating F+R in the pic isn't lol.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with victaulic. Infact, it's brilliant. I just don't like to see whole plant rooms done in it, as I say. Personal opinion only, didn't mean offence.
Missplumb, I would of welded it if I were doing it. Again personally.

we had the welders fit us a new flow and return pipe in 5" steel with 4 elbows on each, 4 flanges on each and each run was about 75m long in total, they charged us ÂŁ37,300 for 9 working days. when we asked for a quote for doing the plantroom, they stalled and stalled and then said it would take 2 1/2 weeks and they quoted ÂŁ86,000 and thats with us supplying the materials!!!!!
We did the Victaulic in 3 weeks, never used it before, and the materials cost us ÂŁ37g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Mag Commercial Filter Pics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all and Merry Christmas, We are in the process of planning the replacement of our 50-year old heating boiler serving a residential block of 12 flats with a total of 60 radiators. It is a vented single-pipe heating system, which has not been properly maintained, and we only recently...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
    • Love
Hoping to open up a technical discussion regarding best practice with Y-strainers (also spelled wye – strainer) on domestic CH systems. I’m hoping this thread can be a general discussion to explore this topic & share any insights members might have. I’d like to flesh this out - so newbies can...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I apologise for asking this as I imagine you guys get asked this all the time but as I am a single parent dad I just cannot afford to purchase the wrong one. Been going round in circles a bit trying to decide on what magnet filter to buy, I would like one to collect sludge and non...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have a older Version Worcester Bosch 35CDi Boiler (probably for about 15+ years). We have never had any protection on it & Bosch usually come round every year to either put new parts or service it. Limescale is a major problem for us in NW London & everything scales up pretty badly...
Replies
Views
Im just in the process of fitting a new heating hot water system in an old pub that is being converted to a turkish restaurant and need a bit of advice on the magnetic filter. I normally fit MagnaClean in domestic properties and was going to fit a 2 inch commercial one here but as they are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock