Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Mag Commercial Filter Pics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vern

OK so some of you guys asked me what they look like, so here are 2 rubbish pics......

Saves piping 2 x28mm magnacleans together as some have done, 22mm copper elbow placed for size perspective, this badboys going in a church before a plate heat exchanger to protect it, i will post some pics when its in, as job is next month..... 11/2" BSP F mega magnet, stainless steel and gauze in the botton for non mag debris, factor in cost of 2 isolation valves too as it comes bare :p drain port which you can screw a DOC in if you wish at the bottom
BoilerMag XL1.jpgBoilerMagXL2.jpg

OK so some of you guys asked me what they look like, so here are 2 rubbish pics......

Saves piping 2 x28mm magnacleans together as some have done, 22mm copper elbow placed for size perspective, this badboys going in a church before a plate heat exchanger to protect it, i will post some pics when its in, as job is next month..... 11/2" BSP F mega magnet, stainless steel and gauze in the botton for non mag debris, factor in cost of 2 isolation valves too as it comes bare :p drain port which you can screw a DOC in if you wish at the bottom
View attachment 13674View attachment 13675

Thats a big boy filter for a 12 Ri !!

How much are they ??

Did you do the church job Vern ? I'm thinking of one of these for a similar job & wondered how you set the plate up. Heating o/v primary sealed etc ? I'm going to see how clean I can get the o/v pipework with the powerflush first before deciding.

VICTAULIC?? That looks so pony :(

All I can see in that pic' is "this plant room was installed by amateurs"

due to the time constraints the owner of the commercial garden centre placed on us for heating downtime, we didnt have time to do the pipework in welded steel and quite frankly the prices we had from welders were ridiculous. Victaulic was the quickest and easiest solution to our timescale and we didnt have a single leak from a fitting. What would you have used??

Fire suppression systems yes.... I'm guessing that heating F+R in the pic isn't lol.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with victaulic. Infact, it's brilliant. I just don't like to see whole plant rooms done in it, as I say. Personal opinion only, didn't mean offence.
Missplumb, I would of welded it if I were doing it. Again personally.

we had the welders fit us a new flow and return pipe in 5" steel with 4 elbows on each, 4 flanges on each and each run was about 75m long in total, they charged us £37,300 for 9 working days. when we asked for a quote for doing the plantroom, they stalled and stalled and then said it would take 2 1/2 weeks and they quoted £86,000 and thats with us supplying the materials!!!!!
We did the Victaulic in 3 weeks, never used it before, and the materials cost us £37g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Mag Commercial Filter Pics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock