Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Lost Pressure 4 Days After Install in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Just had my 25 year old Baxi Solo 2 RS replaced with an Ideal Vogue Max 40 and it's lost pressure in 4 days (gone from 1.4 bar when off 2 bar on to around 1.1 bar off 1.6 bar on). Is this normal for a new combi or are my old pipes leaking somewhere?

The plumbers pressurised to 1.5 bar and left overnight before finishing the job and it never lost even the tiniest bit but now it's being used regularly it's lost at least 0.1 bar overnight. No sign of any leaks around radiators, no wet carpets/ceilings etc.

Leaking under floor somewhere?

Intention is to call the plumber back but he's away on holiday.

Thanks!

Could be air finding it’s way back to the boiler and released it could be a leak on the system.
Keep an eye on the pressure and check rad valves with tissue
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope it's the former. Have checked all valves with tissue as you suggest. Still hope then! Really worried about having to take up some recently refurbished floors if it continues but hey ho, it is what it is.

It is pretty common to get a small drop in pressure after having work done, as Scott said it is often air being released through the boiler AAV. I would give it a good week to settle, top up again to 1.5 and see how it goes for another week.

It is pretty common to get a small drop in pressure after having work done, as Scott said it is often air being released through the boiler AAV. I would give it a good week to settle, top up again to 1.5 and see how it goes for another week.
Thanks. Had a good look last night and there's a tiny leak on one of the oldest radiator valves in the bathroom. Gave it a 1/4 turn and topped up the system, taking a photo of the gauge whilst I was at it. Gauge in exactly the same spot this morning so fingers crossed. Thanks for the peace of mind!

Reply to Boiler Lost Pressure 4 Days After Install in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock