Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler losing pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I own a Valient ecoTec boiler combi boiler which is located in the loft.

I am losing water pressure daily but am at loss as to what is causing it.

During the day, when I pressurise my system to 1.5 bars, it runs for 8 hours before losing, any pressure.

In the evening, once I pressurise it, it runs for about 20 mins before it loses pressure.

I have no rads in the loft, there are no water marks on the ceiling of the ground floor so the system is not leaking on the first floor.

I have also isolated the flow / return on the ground floor so no leaks there.

All trv valves have been checked and no leaks.

A gas engineer states the boiler is fine and that I have a water leak. At the rate that I am losing pressure, the leak would have showed up by now.

I am at a loss as to what could be causing it.

I would welcome any advice.

Thanks

Aaron

Sounds like an expansion related issue, should be easy enough for any competent person to sort, must be able to work on gas boilers though. Only other issue could be the prv passing, there will be a copper pipe under the boiler that may terminate outside, check if that has water present.

Not a problem there, then.
When the boiler is off for 30/60 minutes switch it off (electrically) and break/remove the plastic condensate line and place it in a bucket/container and monitor it for a few hours for leakage.

Reply to Boiler losing pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock