Search the forum,

Discuss boiler kicks in and rads get very hot when clock is in off mode in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

so we dont use the timer mode on the honeywell clock just put the heating on when we want and off when we dont manually

a few times recently but not every day the boiler starts up when we have turned it off the rads all get very hot far hotter than we ever set the temp too

all except for the rad in the hallway where the thermostat is that one stays stone cold

we have to switch the boiler off at the mains to stop it which seems to reset it till it does it again

i changed the timer/clock about 18 months ago because when you pressed the buttons the lcd went out the new one also does the same thing

any thoughts or suggestions please

merry christmas
david

ps for the 1st time 2 nights on the trot its come on by itself now

Last edited:
Could be a stuck diverter valve or (more likely) a timeswitch/clock issue - as in not turning off properly.
so if the clock/timeswitch ive replaced it once without it making any difference

the 2 wires that connect on the back of the timeswitch where do they go? im presuming to the boiler i wondered if they were maybe defective or poor connection somewhere?

Reply to boiler kicks in and rads get very hot when clock is in off mode in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock