From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Boiler keeps turning off in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumbase - Special Offers and Perks on Plumbing Deals
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
I have a boiler made by "Main" which is playing up and wondered if someone could provide some help. It is 12 years old

1. I set the heating to "ON" from my Hive app
  2. The boiler fires up (Power light and flame light are both lit) and heaters heat up
  3. After about 45 mins or so the boiler switches off completely (as if there is no power). All the lights go out - Hive still says "ON"
  4. After about 1.5 - 2 hours the boiler comes back on again and heats for about 45 mins then goes off again
Appreciate any help that can be given on this.

Thanks

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
I have a boiler made by "Main" which is playing up and wondered if someone could provide some help. It is 12 years old

1. I set the heating to "ON" from my Hive app
  2. The boiler fires up (Power light and flame light are both lit) and heaters heat up
  3. After about 45 mins or so the boiler switches off completely (as if there is no power). All the lights go out - Hive still says "ON"
  4. After about 1.5 - 2 hours the boiler comes back on again and heats for about 45 mins then goes off again
Appreciate any help that can be given on this.

Thanks
Take the hive out go back to basics see if it works, there are more problems with hive on PF than any other control system ...in my opinion they are a 1st generation, intermediate technology system which
Has been heavily marketed. Centralheatking

Reply to Boiler keeps turning off in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor