Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler keeps coming on when not timed to since ST9100C installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i recently had a Honeywell ST9100C timer installed and my boiler keeps turning the heating the when its not timed to.

the new timer was replacing a Danfoss 103
the boiler is ideal logic 30
thermostat is Honeywell T6360B

I have looked through the boiler manual and researched the internet but unsure what it could be causing the boiler to do this.

Internal Wiring - Ideal Logic Combi 35 User Manual [Page 29]
can anyone help?

20180224_132153.jpg

20180302_110435.jpg

20180224_132250.jpg

no answer. ideally for now i need to know if it is safe to have on. as when i looked through the manual it was wired to the danfoss 103 which is mechanical timer it says it needs different wiring for an electric timer

i just need to know if there is anything i can do. as its taken £20 since Tuesday. still no reply i am guessing he will be busy

Do you mean the timer? Iv programmed it and it comes on when it should but it also comes on when it shouldn't. Like now it' been on 3 times but the timer isn't time to come on. In fact iv turned it off.

Iv turned the radiators down and the thermostat down on the boiler, which is helping with the gas.

:D move the black wire from 3 to 4 on the prog

shouldnt your switch live be in number 4 wrote this earlier and forgot to post it

Does it not matter about how the boiler is wired up to the room thermostat?

That's what I thought by reading the boiler manual

This is why I was asking if the heating even comes as the other guys have said your switched live is in the wrong connector in timeclock

Has the thermostat loop in the connectors even been removed? Because the way that’s wired the thermostat shouldn’t be getting a feed for the thermostat to tell your boiler to run. As the switched wire is in the 3rd connector port that doesn’t do anything

Is your boiler running continuously and is only nocking off because it upto temperature?

Ok I will try to move that wire and see what happens. Electrician still isn't answering.

The boiler seems to start up when the temperature on the boiler gos down.
So when I had it set just over economy for the week it was turning on all the time.

Iv turned it right down now and it stays off for longer

Yes it’s inside the boiler and it comes already fitted from supplier and if fitting timesclocks and thermostats it needs to be removed and switch wire fitted the the input side of connectors. Would be best to get an electrian to check over everything that has been done

I will have to get the electricIan back then. I don't have a clue about boilers.
So will the black wire still need to be moved?

Yes the black wire in the time clock needs to go to port 4 as that is your switch wire. Port 3 has no purpose so wouldn’t control anything

Ok thank you so much for your help. Hopefully can get the guy back and explain everything to him, and it get sorted.

But ............ if it worked with the previous set up , surely the internal link would have been removed ...........

He didn't go near the boiler.
As from what the manual says a mechanical timer runs differently to a programmeable timer.

Was the mechanical timer on the front of the boiler? Sorry I read the post wrong I thought this was all a new install.

See when you turn the thermostat down and hear a wee click does this turn the boiler off or does it continue running?

Iv changed that wire now and turned the boiler tempreture up but the timer off. I will see if the bolier turns on by itself again.

It seems like the other days it have been turning itself on to get to the required temperature that was set on the boiler and not the room thermostat. Would that make sense nico?

If it still turns it self on that means it's not wired correctly in the boiler Or where's he's messed with it

Time to get a heating engy out to wire it up

Yes the room thermostat is always at the same temperature.

I had to turn the temperature down on the boiler because it was coming on at night. I have changed the wire you said black from 3Rd pog to 4th pog. I turned the boiler tempreture up and so far it has not turned on.

It’s a strange one because the thermostat shouldn’t have worked the way the timeclock was wired. You will need a professional to have a look so he can test with a multimeter and see what wires are switching and trace out where the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler keeps coming on when not timed to since ST9100C installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode for when away for a period of time such as a holiday, both of which disables the central heating system and both require it to be set manually. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in kitchen which is next to boiler and cold main in, it came on after a few seconds longer than norm I thought just a blip, but this weekend and since...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic Regular Gas Boiler (Gravity Fed System) new boiler and it was installed by a British Gas engineer recently, as I wanted a Gas Safe certificate with this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock