Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler issue in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone. I have a rather strange problem with my boiler. The heating and downstairs shower work fine but an upstairs bath is switching between hot and cold water randomly when hot water is on. The bath tap is a floor standing mixer tap. Water pressure on the system is fine. Any ideas please ? Don't even know what to look for. Many thanks for any help

Does the sink in the same room have the same problem?

Probably the cartridge in the tap that’s faulty do you know the brand ?

Probably the cartridge in the tap that’s faulty do you know the brand ?
Thanks. I had a better look. It is the same for both taps in the upstairs bathroom. The boiler switches of for roughly 15 sec after working for a minute or so. This repeats over and over again. The boiler is Ideal Esprit Eco. Guess it is a boiler issue? Is it not strange that a shower downstairs works ok? Water pressure related issue ?

Kitchen sink has the same issue ?

Does the boiler switch off with them after x amount?

Wouldn’t say it’s a boiler issue then maybe low flow rate through the basin etc

A lot of new taps have flow restrictors to save water, these can cause the issue your having with combi boilers. There is usually a way of removing the flow restrictor it is often in the flow straightener on the spout, or on the inlet connection to the tap.

A lot of new taps have flow restrictors to save water, these can cause the issue your having with combi boilers. There is usually a way of removing the flow restrictor it is often in the flow straightener on the spout, or on the inlet connection to the tap.
Thanks. I will take a look. The only thing with that is that the problem is there when both sink and bath taps are running. So is it possible that there is something with the flow but somewhere within the boiler ? As I mentioned above all have been working fine for almost a year now. Cheers for any help

If the shower is working correctly it’s unlikely to be the boiler.
Could just be crud behind flow straighteners, I’d start by unscrewing those...

Reply to Boiler issue in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock