Search the forum,

Discuss boiler is Short cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
should a boiler short cycle. I have a ideal logic heat 12 and once it gets to it get to the required temp it turns off correctly. Shortly after the blue burner light comes on for a min then turns off and then it powers down for 4 mins and then boiler turns off. Five minutes later starts the same process again and again until the set time is reached for it to go off. I have new pump put on but hasn’t stopped it and had checked for blockages and airlocks and all clear. Surely the short cycling will harm the boiler and needs sorting. Any clues as to what it could be?

Does it do it in heating and hot water

Any rads or valves shut off the boiler needs a constant flow through it when its fired up worth a check . kop

Pump valves fully open ? Check operation of the zone valve if it seems suspect lock open manually and call for heating constant on your programmer room stat turned up and see if it run for longer. Kop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler is Short cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock