Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler ignition issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

medbod

Hi,

We live in a three storey house with central heating split in two sections: one for the ground floor and one for the second and third floor.

Recently, our boiler (glow worm easicom 28) started to have ignition issues. This regularly happens on the first floor, after two or three minutes, the flame symbol on the boiler disappears for 3-4 seconds and come back again, which creates a drop and then increase in water temperature. Second, it happened once that when turning the hot water on on the second floor, the pressure indicated on the boiler increased up to 2.0 bar, then the flame symbol disappeared and it did not come back, leaving only cold water there.

A reset of the boiler did not help. I also noticed that one of the radiators on the second floor was not heating up. I have tried to bleed it but nothing comes out of the bleed valve, as if it was isolated from the circuit. I do not know if both problems are related.

This summer, we fitted a magna clean filter to remove metal sludge from the ground floor radiators, but the filter now appears clear.

I am curious about the possible origin of the problem, whether it is boiler related or not...

Many thanks and season greetings!

Seasons greetings!

Time for a gas safe engineer I'm afraid.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler ignition issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock