Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler high pitched noise in cold weather? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Lewis Davies

Hi, can anyone help me resolve this issue with my ideal logic combi Esp1 35.

It is making a very loud high pitched noise whenever the outside temperature is cold, when either CH or HW is being used.

For example, first thing in the morning on a cold day, run hot tap or turn up CH stat and the boiler will make a high pitch noise before settling down. The noise is very loud and lasts about 10 seconds. On a warm day I won't get the noise at all?

Condensate drain is clear and trap cleaned.

Would really appreciate any thoughts. Cheers

When was it last serviced ?

Stangely we have the same boiler doing exactly the same, we called out an approved ideal engineer, they serviced the boiler and gave it a clean bill of health, but it was still squealing with the engineer present. £65.00

They ordered a new jet and venturia (all it really need was a light clean) it squealed after the engineer had left, they charged us £225 for the 2 visits, the first time they turned up without the parts.

They returned under there 12 months warranty and changed the gas valve, then sent us bill for £162.00 ?

It still squealing?

This is a common one on the Logics , sorry no advice given but a good GS engineer could sort it .
Hi I have the same issue with the ideal logic 35 boiler screaming when it cold I think its when its modulating, been serviced last month by BG and given a clean bill of health, I have got British Gas engineer coming tomorrow and would like to know what he should tell me what is causing it and not get flogged off

Thanks

Reply to Boiler high pitched noise in cold weather? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know of a weather compensation unit that can be fitted to a cylinder? I have an Ideal Logic Max H24 which heats a thermal store. The boiler can take an Ideal weather compensation unit to raise the target flow temperature as the outside temperature drops, but the store temperature...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock