Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Tbh it was my mum's place and she didn't bother to register it... I didn't know it wasn't registered sadly... but luckily it didn't matter

get worcester to supply you with a nex hex then get a local gas guy or worcester to fit as your in london rates can differ alot

Was about to say that. But looking at the picture that isn’t a bad deal from Worcester. Especially if they said they would change the pump also.

they wont as its not a worcester part eg boiler part

Yeah that wilo yonos pico pump was fine he said

IMG_20190610_200213281.jpg

Thing i didn't understand is when i turned it to vent mode (set in the middle) i had no idea where it was venting air from..... there's no escape valve...

That’s a problem that goes back way further than recent work you’ve had done. Get Worcester to repair the boiler, get someone to powerflush the system and investigate why the problem occurred in the first place. I can’t see in the airing cupboard pic but is there a bypass and is it open? Also it might be that air is getting into the system.

could of just airlocked in the first place so might be no fault

Yeah I called them up and they registered it for me :D

This is what's messed up with this trade at the moment. A boiler in stalled by a bg engineer but not by so a cash install that wont be registered with building control not registered with Worcester phone them up 5 years later and they register it.

No other trade would have that but ours just gets screwed over.

This is what's messed up with this trade at the moment. A boiler in stalled by a bg engineer but not by so a cash install that wont be registered with building control not registered with Worcester phone them up 5 years later and they register it.

No other trade would have that but ours just gets screwed over.

Also guy who installed it wasn’t gas safe as they arnt qualified out of hours / do jobs on there own time but many do

Also guy who installed it wasn’t gas safe as they arnt qualified out of hours / do jobs on there own time but many do

That's what I mean.

Worcester should turn around and say hahaha tough boobies (I'm guessing the other words I'd use would be blocked :)) you should of got it done properly now pay to get it repaired or replaced.

Fit a lot of these boilers at work. Have had terrible trouble with some of them airlocking.

They do exactly what you have described. My money would be on that.

Millsy 82 I guess you haven't got an actual say on the situation (i.e. what one would do) rather than the initial installation that I had no control over o_O

Hmm KingDoey it's kinda funny because I did think it was an airlock but that PP was convinced it's sludge. I find it interesting how if it is an airlock, bleeding rads doesn't solve the issue...

Hmm KingDoey it's kinda funny because I did think it was an airlock but that PP was convinced it's sludge. I find it interesting how if it is an airlock, bleeding rads doesn't solve the issue...

Because as said before bleeding rads won’t always clear an airlock. It all depends how the system is piped

You need to set do a combination of things like cycle the pump vent the heat exchanger etc. Gradually force the heat round the system one radiator at a time. It’s not always a ten minute job

No... and I guess shifting it through the pipes is only possible with a full drain... Even near the hot water cylinder there's a tiny valve to release air and barely any came out...

I was shifting from one rad to another until the PP guy came round and deemed the boiler ID and shut it down. Couldn't continue the rad shifting from that point... How would you vent from the heat exchanger?

I was shifting from one rad to another until the PP guy came round and deemed the boiler ID and shut it down. Couldn't continue the rad shifting from that point... How would you vent from the heat exchanger?

Only a gassafe registered plumber could do that for you. Not you the user

That PP was also saying in order to check for air near the hot water cylinder, he would have to cut through the pipe. I said to him "i'm guessing you'll solder the pipe back then..." he said "yeah definitely"...

Reply to Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
  • Question
We just had a service done on our Ideal ICOS boiler and were told that the 2 screws on the back of the heat exchanger have snapped off. It was marked as dangerous and has quoted a whole new heat exchanger as there are still bits of screws stuck inside that cannot be removed. For 2 broken screws...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have a peculiar problem with my Gloworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler, the main heat exchanger is getting red hot and fault coding on overheat even though the boiler and central heating is not on, i shut the boiler down for a while, clear the fault code and it will be fine again for...
Replies
Views
I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I purchased a 20-plate unit. However, when I removed the old part, it appears to have 12-14 plates. Is there any harm in installing a 20-plate exchanger...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock