Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler goes Bang when cooling down. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuart123

Hello,

I'm hoping somebody can help and shed some light onto this problem. I have an issue with my Procombi HE 83 boiler, when the boiler turns off after the heating has been running, 10- 20 minutes later there is a single very loud bang. the volume of the bang is dependant on how long the boiler has been on, it's loud enough to wake me up, aside from that it works fine, the pressure / temp gauge does not spike, there's no kettling and the system has been bled, I am at a loss.

I have had 2 heating engineers around, the 1st guy scratched his head, the 2nd checked the expansion vessel and told me if I exchange the Heat Exchanger that should fix the problem, although he did not leave me with a lot of confidence, the pump works fine.

I have read that it could an issue with the port valve, but i'm not sure if I have one of those on my system, this problem has been going on for about a year since I had the location of the boiler moved, the pressure of the boilr is 1 at cold and rises to 1.8 when the heating is on, its a combi style of boiler.

Thanks for you help

Stuart

The noise is due to it shutting off v temperature(expansion)Either divertor is sticking/slamming via spring or there isn't enough movement through your bypass if you have one?
Get your engineer to investigate that route and let us know how you get on

Hi Jay, Thanks for you help, I am due to see an engineer next week. I will point him in that direction, I will keep you informed.
Thanks Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler goes Bang when cooling down. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
My boiler constantly bangs after its been shutdown for an hour or so..sometimes it's 5 or 6 getting shallower other times it's a few more 10 to 12.Its always after I've Ean the hot water on my potterton combi boiler. I live in uk and would love some help with this annoying issue. Thanks.. Jon
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
I posted in summer as HW system banged when cooing down it is now even worse once CH is cooing down but it's common between both systems any ideas folks, desperate now. Potterton combi boiler 10 yr old inherited 4 yr ago when I bought house, no issues until earlier this yr.
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock