Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler firing when programmer is set to off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jomart

Please help, I'm losing my mind.

Over the past week my boiler has been coming on even when the programmer is set to off. It doesn't matter if I change it to off or if it's set not to be on because of the timer. Was working as expected up to that point.

I've done a factory reset on the programmer and it's still doing it. Timer is set to 7:30am ON, 8:30am OFF, 6:30pm ON, 10pm OFF. The central heating is on as follows: 7:30am ON, 8:30am OFF, 10am ON, 6PM OFF, 6:30pm ON, 10pm OFF.

The fact its doing it every day at the same time suggests to me it is a setting somewhere but I can't find it.

It's a viessmann boiler with a centaurplus programmer. I'm not sure of age but I think less than ten years.

Do I need a new programmer or a gas engineer?

2 port zone valves on the system?
If it was failing would it do so at exactly the same time every day? I wondered if there was an internal setting that was overriding the centaurplus programmer, or if the programmer itself thinks it is set to be on when it's actually off.

Reply to Boiler firing when programmer is set to off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock