Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler firing up then failing & pressure gauge fluctuating after re-pressurizing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve had an issue with my 7 year old Worcester Bosch boiler losing pressure for a couple of months. It’s fine when running, but when I turn it off at night it loses pressure and I have to refill the system in the morning.

The problem has got worse with another weird symptom and I need some advice please!

When I re-pressurize the boiler and switch it back on at the main socket the boiler starts up, then sounds like it’s running, then it fades to nothing, then whirrs into action again before fading away - a few seconds of whirring then dying - at the same time, the pressure gauge is rising and falling in line with the noise.

sometimes after switching it off again, maybe loosening and tightening the refill valve, it stabilizes and I can put the thermostat on and it’s ok. But this morning however many times I go through the process, this issue is happening JUST when I switch the boiler back on at the wall, without the heating/thermostat being put on.

The straining on and off and fluctuating gauge seems quite worrying so I have just had to leave the boiler switched off at the main wall socket. So I have no heating or hot water!

has anyone got any idea what’s wrong? Do I need to try to find an engineer to visit during lockdown??! Please help!

Reply to Boiler firing up then failing & pressure gauge fluctuating after re-pressurizing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock