Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler firing for hot water but not for Heating in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Lee Holden

Hi, I am having an issue with my conventional boiler not firing up when my thermostat calls for the heating to be turned on. I have a Hive Thermostat and Receiver which seem to be working well. The lights turn on on the receiver as per schedules. When hot water is called for the boiler fires up every time, however when the central heating is called for the boiler doesn't fire up.

I can get the heating to turn on by ensuring the heating is being called for at the same time as the water tank is being heated, but nothing happens when just central heating is called for.

Has anybody else had this issue before or know what it could be?

Boiler is a Glowworm 15r

Port valve issue or hive relays not working

Port valve issue or hive relays not working

Thanks.. I’ve removed the cover of the motorised valve (replaced about 18 months ago) and tested operation. When hot water is already on and heating is called for the valve moves as expected and radiators start warming up. However, it doesn’t move when h/w is off and heating is called for and boiler doesn’t fire. I have also manually opened valve and tried heating and still doesn’t fire. How would I check the Hive relay?

Do you have power at the grey on the port valve when how water is off ?

Reply to Boiler firing for hot water but not for Heating in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock